Thursday, April 3, 2014

Verdadera Intencion

March 10, 2014

Dear Family

What a great week to be writing you...and guess what?? It´s already winter (I MEAN AUTUMN) here...and it´s raining (SURPRISE) and cold. hahaha. Welcome to Osorno Chile! (And you know what? I love it. It´s what makes Chile a green wonderland.)

This week can best be summed up in two words: True Intent. I’ve never been teaching so many people that have the true intention of changing, of reading and really learning. I want to take you through a couple of moments that we have had this week. (side note--I think--and here you have some doctrine of Hermana Monroe--that much of the joy of the mission is measured in the small moments. So many of the miracles that we see are just Moments of joy, testimony and truth that are part of a LONG journey to reactivation, baptism or belief. But in my emails in general I always like to share golden moments--the moment, in the middle of a lesson that isn´t going perfectly, the moment that is PERFECT, the moment that testifies, and the moment that rings in my soul. So many of these investigadors are somewhere on a long journey, but this week had many golden moments of testimony. These are my mails--a collection of the golden dusts collected through all the week that once together can be a huge treasure of testimony).
Anyways, enough of my rambling...

This week

And one more experience incredible that I wanted to share!! Last week, we went to visit one of our investigadores, Lissette, who has been praying and reading her book of mormon for weeks. Lisette is a 24 year old party girl, a little bit prone to giggles but with a heart that has a lot more than she will ever say. We went to visit her (okay, so I wasnt actually there because we were in an exchange but my companion filled me in on all the info and its a miracle for us both) and Lisette started telling us that she had a dream (giggling while she was telling us) that she was in a old fashioned place, with a lot of people, and a bearded man--an angel--came down from the sky. "and I was there--looking at him--and the people around me said 'Lisette! They are talking to you!' but I couldn’t hear anything. And then they told me again 'Lisette! They are calling you!' but I couldn’t understand. And then they even passed me a cellphone, but I couldn’t understand what was being said. And...well… I was wondering if maybe this has to do with all that I am learning with you." Holy cow. It was 3 Nephi chapter 11. AND she had never read that chapter, or seen the movie. Can you believe it? 

So this week, we were teaching a young man, named MIjael. Mijael has honey colored eyes and an intense look. When we first taught him, he was atheist, but he is quick to feel and to understand.  He told us "I prayed, and I didn’t get an answer! And I was frustrated, because I read ALL of the chapter, and the pamphlet, and I asked!" We invited him to be baptized, and he said "I need to get baptized. I have to get baptized in some point. But I have to feel that it is true."
And so my companion said "and that is true intent." And with what faith we could promise: I know God will answer. We know that God will answer. So just keep asking. Keep asking. 

And truly, we are teaching a wealth of people that are reading faithfully, asking in prayer, and it inspires me. The only bummer is that this week we are going to be gone the WHOLE time in exchanges--in Coyhaique. (You should all Google map that. We have to go in airplane and days in buses…and pray for my companion because she has a fear of flying!) And I don’t want to lose that contact with our sector. But we are headed close to Antarctica WOOHOOOW!

Love you all! 
I love you all!
 Hermana Kimberly Monroe




No comments:

Post a Comment