Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bangs, And a Talent Show



Feb 10, 2014

Dear Family and friends

This morning I had a very hermana Monroe moment. I was sitting in front of our mirror, had just gotten out of the shower, and decided that i wanted bangs. So I went to my desk, couldn’t find my scissors, so I stole my companion´s scissors and cut my bangs..so now I have straight across bangs. woo whoooo!! 

I wanted to share something incredible that I found out recently. About six months ago, in Purranque--do you all remember when I was living in the little tiny watermelon house that had been built just for us? The elder in charge of housing had brought us a stove, but it NEVER worked. It was brand new, and we tried everything. But the gas never filtered in through the tube. Dang oven. And so we just never used it, and made do. Just last week, I was talking to the office elder and he was explaining about all of the shenanigans with the over from the sisters in Purranque: that he had gone to fix it and that when he was there he had opened up the tube so the gas could filter in, only to realize that there was an internal leak in the gas. Luckily, they found out in the moment, and so they could send it to be repaired. But do you know what this means? if the stove had worked when it was in my house, the gas would have leaked out, and because the house is so very tiny...we would have died (not to be dramatic or anything.) but its true. We would have undoubtedly died. There is a lot of worries in the mission over the gas issues, because it’s so dangerous. Crazy. Can you believe that? The Lord protects his missionaries, and even though I was kind of annoyed in the moment,  Now I see it was a tender mercy of the Lord.

Charity, you are having your debut in Little Woman, but don´t worry!! I am also having a little bit of the limelight.....jejejjeje as a puppet master. We have the best ward mission leader that has ever existed, and we put on monthly activities and this last Saturday we had a TALENT SHOW. Hermana Rivas and I put our head together with a sister in the ward and we put on the most legit puppet show that I have ever seen! HA. My buried talent, eh? We did Sleeping beauty, but modern style--where the three fairy godmothers give a scholarship, extreme makeover and an opera voice, while the evil godmother was upset that she didn’t get the facebook invitation and so on and so forth..but in SPANISH. And my companion had a giggle attack in the middle, but it turned out splendidly. (All thanks to Dani, the member who is a GEM.) I attached a photo of some of the puppets that she made. They are works of art..





Just last week, I completed one year in the mission. I have learned so much. I cant believe it..
But more about that the next week! 
Love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment