Thursday, April 3, 2014

To the Groom, my brother, Greg



Jan 27, 2014

Dear family,


How are you all?? Thanks for the letters!! And since I skimmed quickly the letters and noticed that in every letter it was written in BOLD about the letter for the groom´s dinner....I am going to throw to the wind the letter for this week and write the letter for Greg´s wedding..because I have one hour on line, and I really want you to have it..and if I dont write it know you´ll never get it. hehehe. okay. here it goes. without a rough draft!



Groom Dinner Letter--

I absolutely can not believe that my older brother is about to get married-  When I begin to think about Greg, my mind automatically goes to one Sunday afternoon (Sundays were always the days for the most mischief. always.) when Greg and I didn't want to wash the dishes, so we went outside Mom and Dad´s door and sang Some day my prince will come...Disney duet style, but with Greg singing in a screechy high voice while I tried to sing like a man...Good thing that Mom and Dad´s door isn't made out of Glass, or it would have shattered, because our version was truly terrible. 

But you know what? Krisna, today, your prince has come. Maybe Greg doesn't have a charger and armor, but if there is anything that I can testify about my brother, it is that he is a GOOD man. He is an adventurer, a hard worker, imaginative, stable and sensitive, and I can not imagine a better companion for life and eternity. 

Greg has been my best friend since before I can remember..He has given me advice, comforted me, helped me understand, counseled me and loved me. But I also think he has lifted me up more than anyone else. Gregory is a lifter. He sees the best in people, and always helped me see the best..my best and the best my heaven father has for me...and to reach for THAT goal. He is always searching for what people do well, and sees people with their strengths. I can not count the times that I sat in his car (while he drove absurdly fast..but you all already know that Greg doesn't believe in speed limits. but thats not the point. I could sit in the car, and spill out my soul....and he would listen. When we were younger I usually just rolled my eyes. But with time, as Greg became the spiritual giant that he is now, I noticed that he always listened, and with so much love asked me questions and helped me find my own solution. But he is the best counselor and listener. Gregory Russell Monroe is a man that is unyieldingly dedicated to do what is right, and Krisna, I hope you and Greg take time to leave together, drive wayyy too fast, and just talk and pour out your souls to each other..listening and asking questions. 

But it would be a lie if I let you all think that Greg is all just spiritual. We all know that he is an adventurer, and that all my best stories begin with "one time, Greg and I had an idea that we should..."  and so here are just a couple of snidbits of memories that begin and end with Greg for you all to remember:
for example, my TWO concussions that came from Greg, 
the time when Greg illegally taught me how to drive when i was fourteen. (woops, mom, did you know about that?)
when Greg tried to teach me how to go down the stairs in my bike and I ended up in the pool...still on the bike
the time that he chased me around the whole house with his nerf gun 
when I put spice in his soup and vinegar in his water
When we "accidentally on purpose" fell in the pool every Sunday


But truly, I am a little sad, because I had a little moment of pity party when I thought that I have to give up my best friend. But then I realized, I am not giving up a best friend...I am gaining a new best friend for eternity. Krisna, welcome to the Monroe Family. You will never have a normal vacation every again in your life. I am sorry..but its the sad fact. There are two speeds in our life: Faster and Hectic. If we had an article of faith, it would be:
We believe in opinions, in talking a lot, in attending church every week, in adventures and in eating every two hours. We believe that has been done, that will be done and we believe that should be done much more than there is possibly time for. 

But truly, I love you Greg, and I love you too Krisna. I hope you both remember that with the Lord, you can do all things. Cling to the Lord, to your testimonies, and you will remember why you are here and what we seeking to become. And that it is no longer just Greg, or just Krisna. you are now two parts of one whole. 

Greg, Thank you. Thank you for your example, your unending love, support, ideas and for being the brave son of God that you are. You are truly a prince, and I am proud to have you as my brother. 
Congratulations! Because this day, your prince and princess have arrived.



No comments:

Post a Comment