Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A watch tan!



Dec 16, 2013

Hellooo dear Family!!! 

I am emailing you with the very embarrassing news that I currently have a...drum roll please...watch tan. NO. it´s true. I have officially hit that low. How horrible. But it is because it is so dang hot around here--Summer has arrived with a BANG!
but it´s been a good and crazy week of Hermana Espinosa and I in the south of Chile!

I would like to take you to one moment with Hermana Espinosa and I: We had had training all day with the three nearest zones and president, and we had to leave in the night in order to go to San Pablo (a little teeennny tiny town where two sisters just barely came in) to go on exchanges. But in the hub bub,we arrived a little late to the bus station, so we had to do a bit of haggling to find a way to get to San Pablo, and the man said that it would be perfectly fine to drop us off on the way to another (la Union) and that a bus would come by on its way to Osorno that could drop us off in San Pablo--so me, being perfectly convinced that this could work "okay! Sure! sounds like our only option, eh?" 
...and so after an hour, hermana Espinosa and I were in the cross of two highways waiting for a bus…and completely lost. HA!!! we made some friends who told us that the bus would come at SOME point...and we were on the phone with the sisters of San Pablo, trying to figure out where they were, when the bus came rolling by on a different road and we hear:
 "Hey Chicas!! El Bus! Vamos! Corran!!" 
So along with these two men, we go sprinting across the road "sisters! We got to go! See you soon!" and catch the bus, cram ourselves in (for all those who have lived in south America, there should be a genius book of world records for how many people can fit in a bus) and then get dropped off on the side of a road of what is supposedly san Pablo and, in the dark, we found the chapel and finally the sisters. 
HA.wow. the adventures. (oh, and we also saw two fights this week. that was a first for me!)

Well, on a more spiritual note, it´s still been a good week--we had two days of meetings with all the leaders of the missions, and President Rappleye approved our idea of training the sisters, so that is (Hopefully!!) going to get put into practice this next week. We had three days in our area this week, between two days of meetings and one exchange..but in that day we were able to teach the other daughter of Isabel, and she accepted a baptismal date....but because of the elections they didnt come to church. drat. But the truth is, i am learning SO much in this cambio---humility, how to teach, and what is really important. I had my own ideas of how to be a missionary, but now I am learning how to listen, accept corrections and that this isnt about me..it´s about the Lord. It is one rocking spiritual adventure..

Oh! and I am reading Jesus the Christ in honor of Christmas--and it´s incredible.

Love you all!!!

Hermana Monroe

p.s...I had some awesome pictures to send you...but they are not sending. next week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment