Friday, August 8, 2014

Puerto Cisnes: Swan Port





May 12, 2014

Dear family and Friends

I am sitting at the computer, giving mental gracias to Bill Gates, because it is thanks to him that I have free access to internet in the most beautiful little library that I have ever seen. Its probably the prettiest building in the little town on Puerto Cisnes.. But I am officially a Bill Gates fan now. 



I dont even know how to begin describing where I am, because I feel like the words cant do it justice. it is a little tiny town nestled between three huge towering mayan looking mountains (I hope you understand what i mean by Mayan mountains. Use your imagination! and they have a little tiny dusting of snow on top.) and bordered on the other side by a sea channel. And..its COLD. they say here that it rains 364 days of the year. And maybe not to that extent, but almost. The people all know everything about everyone else (from their ancestors that are most like at some point related to the most recent gossip). And there is a tiny little branch here of about 25 active members that meet in a tiny chapel house. And every day we walk across a hanging bridge to go to the bed and breakfast to eat our lunch..and I am loving it. There are going to be their challenges (principally, the branch is Full of its own problems, offended members and vicious gossip, and when we contact, almost 80 percent of the time my companion already knows the name and life story of the person. Well, thats an exaggeration, we never can remember the name and the houses are impossible to find because they dont believe in numbers on the houses so I am going to have to memorize Puerto Cisnes.) But..you know what? I love it here. And I love that our heavenly father sent me here. Because these three thousand souls are precious in his sight. How beautiful is that thought, right? 

I´ll tell you more next week!! and it was so great to talk to you all! you are look great..and I am sorry--I feel like I talked and talked but there was simply no way to really express all that I feel and want to hear about your lives. I hope you are all doing well, and thank you so much for the time you took to talk to me and all get together. you guys made my day, my week--my transfer!  You elevated me and showed so much love. I love you all. Thank you a million!!!!  



Hermana Monroe


No comments:

Post a Comment