June 30, 2014
Dear Family and Friends,
This
week was a little bit like final penalty kick in the Chile-Brasil game…So close
to a goal but not quite. Of our thirty appointments that we had scheduled only
three didn’t fall through...hahaha. yikes. But you know what? My comp read me a
talk on Tuesday about the steps to make "All things work
together for your good" and step number five was "expect
setbacks". So hey, we got to take one for the team! (Speaking of the team,
Chile was seriously in mourning this weekend.)
And
despite the incredible amount of walking that we did, we are honestly doing
just fine. We are still seeing progress with Cata. In fact, she is going to
have her interview this week with our district leader, who has to make the
eight hour round trip here is Puerto Cisnes (He is ridiculously excited…) and
Cata decided on her own that she was going to fast, that her dad will give her
permission to get baptized. She is honestly one of the people who has
experienced that most profound conversion of all those who I have taught.
AND
AHH!! The most incredible, beautiful news... Do you remember the Family
Schnettler? They were the recent converts that were my Papitos in my first
area, who their daughter Sofia got baptized when I was there in May of last
year? I got a phone call this week...and they are going this week to get sealed
in the temple. When I found out, I cried.
They
are going to be an eternal family.
How
sweet the joy!
Oh!
And fun fact…my mission president just changed this week! Our new presidents
are from Mexico (already points in their favor) and hermana Lethco and I have
to travel to Osorno (its going to be at least a three day trip. yikes) to meet
him and have a big meeting with all the leaders from the mission. Do you think
that they will make us tacos? I am hoping so..
Final
thought: My companion is from California and worked for years in a coffee shop.
So we are using Ecco (a Chilean wheat drink) and have been making word of
wisdom approved Lattes and Mochas. ALSO she is a very quiet, calm person who
doesn’t talk a ton, but when she gets super worked out all these very witty,
hilarious comments began to come out. My favorite of the week after someone
gave us a hard time for being late:
"Umm
honey. I am pretty sure that Jesus was three days late to arrive when Lazarus
died but there were STILL miracles. So have a little mercy here!!"
Last
fun fact: Someone is chopping our wood. Because normally we have to chop wood
every day to burn so that we don’t freeze, and so every morning we used to chop
wood as our exercise (I am actually really good at it now, crazy right? Too bad
its a skill that I don’t think I will EVER use again in my life). But for the
second week in row now, we have gone into our wood shed and there has been a
giant pile of chopped wood. Some saint is chopping our wood. Bless their
hearts.
It´s
gonna be a good week! I love you all!
Hermana
Monroe

No comments:
Post a Comment