June
15, 2014
Dear
family and friends --
This
week is best described as one huge Chilean party. And no, not because I am
twenty one now (all of the Chileans think that I am like 27 simply because I am
so tall jeje)..I am talking about the Mundial! On Friday, Chile played against
Australia and seriously, we could hear the score of the game because every time
Chile scored a goal there was a huge thump of people pounding the floors and
cheering. So, hermana Howell and I tried to think of people who didn't like
futbol much, knocked on the door of an investigator, and were answered with
"Chicas!! Hurry! Come in!!" and this little timid woman, Gloria, was
decked out with her hats, watching the game at full blast, and her ravenous
Chile fan had come out (she started crying when they scored). whew.
hermana
howell and I wore red and blue (the Chilean colors to support) and I
promise, I am obsessed with Chile, but the truth is that hermana Howell and I
are secretly praying that Chile looses because it would be much, much better
for the work hahahaha. How terrible. Not one Chilean can know that or they
would NOT let us in.
Other
funny moment this week: We were teaching Olga, a sweet little grandmother when
someone knocked at the door. She was going to ignore it, but she is such a sweetheart
that she can´t ignore ANYONE, so Olga went, answered the door, and invited them
in. Lo and behold, in came in two woman...and they were Jehovah´s witnesses. I
don’t know who was more thrown off, them or us. I think them. They sat down (Olga
was thoroughly enjoying herself) and I we kept on teaching about prayer and
invited them to share with us and so they shared about the Lord´s prayer and
then they, as hermana Howell best said it "got awkwarded out and
bounced."
#jointteachingwithwitnesses
My
birthday was awesome. hermana Howell made me breakfast, Luz gave me once, and
the members pretended they didn’t remember, because the day afterwards they
threw us both a surprise party (because hermana Howell has her birthday a month
ago) with cake and lots of love. They told us we had a meeting and then...SURRPISE!!
…when we arrived. It meant so much to me, seriously.
News
for the week: CAMBIOS! hermana Howell is headed out and I will have a new
companion, hermana Lethgo. We will keep being hermana lideres. I am going to
miss her a ton.
Cata
progressed this week, but didn’t come to church on Sunday. She has been a bit
down, and so hermana Howell and I are going to push back her date. We
don’t want the gospel to be simply a phase that she goes through, we want her
to continue with a real conversion. But please, please, keep her in your
prayers.
SHOUT
OUT TO THE BEST FATHER IN THE WORLD! Love you dad!
Love,
hermana
Monroe





No comments:
Post a Comment