Friday, August 8, 2014

Cambios? Transfers? What?



May, 5, 2014

Dear Family and Friends..

What a week. And from what I hear, it was a crazy week for you all as well. 

This week, we were going to go to Purranque in intercambios anndddd..we got sick. Both my companion and I, and so instead of doing intercambios we were in the house for two days and took a trip to the emergency room. But we are all fine now. 



I am trying to think of my week that I had but my big news is so gigantic that I am having trouble moving on past the thought of "oop. yep. I am getting transferred.."

Let´s see let´s see..humm. We taught a ton of part member families, and Mijael is continuing to progress. He is one of the investigadors that I most enjoy teaching, and we just found out yesterday that he stopped drinking coffee!! He told us that he isnt drinking and both Hermana Belderrain and I said "en serio??" at the same time, looking at him in shock,…because a month ago he was drinking seven cups of coffee every day. 

Okay, i am going to stop trying to NOT tell you the big news: I am headed out!!!! To COYHAIQUE!!!!!! it´s like a little forest reserve in the middle of the way to the Patagonia. No, better said, it is IN the patagonia. I am going to a sector named Puerto Cisnes (I went there one time on intercambios, the only intercambios they have ever had.). Google map it. I dare you. I don't even know if it will show up. It is a tiny little tiny tiny town on the edge of Sea inlet. To give you an idea of how this is going to be, let me explain. I am going to leave here, in Osorno, where I have been almost all of my mission, take a bus and go to Puerto Montt, about an hour and a half south of here. from there, I am going to take a plane to Balmaceda, an airport in the middle of NOTHING. then, I am going to take a transfer to Coyhaique Centro, that reminds me a lot of Provo as far as the climate. Then, i am going to take a bus for FOUR hours and end up in a little tiny town where we are the only missionaries. We are not going to have District meetings and we come into Centro once every six weeks, because the round trip is eight hours and the bus only leaves once a day--at six in the morning. So basically I am going on a LEGIT Chilean adventure. I am in shock. Oh! And we are going to be hermana Liders there in Coyhaique, and do exchanges with the four other sisters. And do you all remember hermana Howell? I trained her at the very beginning of my mission, whose Mom passed away? she is going to be my companion!!! whoooowwww!!!!! President told me that I am going to finish my mission, and seriously, I could not ask to finish my mission in a more beautiful place. In his words "It is the most beautiful place on the face of the earth."

But what does this mean for you all? Okay. one. DONT SEND ME PACKAGES: because I will get them approximately three months later, or when president visits coyhaique and can fit them in his suitcase. So dont send me packages. Letters? i wouldn't bet on it either. They would arrive once every three months. 


But I am doing well...it´s hard to leave Rahue. i have never had an area where I have felt like we have done so much quality work. There are so many investigadors, less actives and members here. But the Lord knows what I need to learn! 

Talk to you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment