Friday, August 8, 2014

Lightning Trip and Sweet New Mission President



July 7 2014

Dear Family,

What a week. No, but seriously. 

We worked for half the week and then Thursday spent all of the day traveling to Osorno (and contacting every single person who sat next to us--there was such a fun variety of people; Brazilians, business man, atheist), spent all day Friday in meetings and then traveled all day Saturday, just BARELY catching the only bus to Puerto Cisnes (it leaves at exactly four on Saturday, and if you´re not there, too bad so sad--you have to wait until the next day at four. Since we had sacrament meeting--that would have been a problem). Deep breath. 

The good news: I absolutely ADORE my new presidents. President Obeso and his wife are short little sweet people. They are filled to the brim with love and really care about every missionary--just walking into the mission home and seeing the way sister Obeso greeted me surprised me--and I felt so loved. They are green, enthusiastic, and Hermana Obeso is very much a delicate woman, who is very concerned that her "daughters"--all of the sister missionaries, could be cold and that they are chopping their own wood "ayy noo! No puede ser!" she exclaimed--but since she had her own gym before leaving in the mission, she is going to videotape exercise of Zuma and Mexican dancing so that we can exercise every morning and night-- to "keep us healthy". Even better, I got to visit a family from there in Osorno that I had taught just three months ago, and President and sister Obeso accompanied us--HOW COOL IS THAT?? And taught a BOMB lesson. 

Puerto Cisnes Update: Cata has her interview tomorrow, but as is common with those who are progressing, she is having a ton of doubts and worries about her baptism. She says "its been too fast. Maybe I need more time. Maybe I am going to regret it." But as I thought about it, we can not do something really really good without opposition-and worry-and doubt. 
Please keep her in your prayers

Its gonna be another crazy week, with exchanges and all sort of craziness. 

All my love! 

Hermana Monroe


No comments:

Post a Comment