Dear Fam Bam
What
a week. A fabulous week, for three Big reasons.
One--remember
Cata? Cata is 14 years old, and basically the feminine version of Joseph Smith.
Okay, that might be slightly blasphemy, but seriously, in all of my time in the
mission I don’t know if I have ever taught someone who drinks in the gospel
with such intensity. Cata has big, brown, mild eyes and a pale face. Yesterday,
she not only arrived at church by herself, but brought her little sister. We
have taught her the three basic lessons, but yesterday she was simultaneously
taking notes during Sunday school, asking me questions, and grazing through the
Liahona. Here are some of my favorite things that she said this week:
"Oh!
That´s the prophet, right? I watched one of the conferences on Youtube this
week!"
"The
law of chastity--I looked that up on mormon.org, and I think it is a great
idea. I mean, my parents only lived together and then separated, and its been
ugly. I don’t want to live like they did."
"mm
hmm, and when I was talking to the missionaries in Chat they explained to me
what saved means."
"When
I go on the mission, where am I going to go?"
(When
she saw the article in the Liahona that says "if I don’t feel a burning in
my chest?") she said "oh, but I already felt that."
Every
time after we teach her, hermana Howell and I simply hug and jump and down and
can not believe it. As hermana Howell said "who in the world actually GOES
to the web page??"
I
have thought a lot about what an authority said (don’t ask me who, because I
don’t remember) but I remember the quote "the Lord has always trusted in
young people" She is young, yes, but i have never met a young person like
Cata. She has intensity, a sincere desire to learn, that I have rarely seen in
my mission. We see so much potential in her, and I have so much confidence in
her.
She
is planning to get baptized the 28th of June. Pray for her. please.
Newsy
things:
We
took our pday on Saturday (but there wasn’t a single internet shop open on
Saturday so we have to write today #smalltownprobs) and went to the Bosque Encantado
(the enchanted forest) with one of the member families. It was one of the
single most beautiful hikes I have ever had in my life. We went curving through
the forest, and then had to hike through the snow until we ended in a small,
completely frozen lagoon nestled in the mountains.
Alba
is doing really well-we went to visit her this week--there is a wall because
its HARD that she can progress due to her work situation, but for us, although
she cant get baptized here, she can feel the spirit, progress, and come to
Christ. Keep her in your prayers.
A
million thanks for the birthday wishes!!! I feel like this year didn’t actually
exist in a way, but I think I have learned more in this one year than in my
other twenty years...we are going to eat lots of kuchen (a Chilean dessert) to
celebrate!! But thank you very much for the emails, they mean a lot! I love you
all more than I can say.
All
my love,


.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment