Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sassy

Oct 14, 3013
  
Dear Family and Friends,

Well, cambios came and went and I am still in Purranque (think: the most adorable Preston Idaho with a plaza in the middle) and my darling Papitos and a new companion. And she is CHILEAN!! Wahooo!!! Not that I didn’t adore my other companions up the wazoo but it is SO great to have a Latina companion who is helping me perfect my Spanish. 
Hermana Lazo is from Vina del Mar, is the only member in her family, has two years in the church, and is my sassy souled black friend that I have been searching for all of my life (pardon the political incorrectness). She speaks in Spanish with this wonderful accent and has SO much love for the gospel and other people.,.but with some die-for sass. We hit it off immediately and we are already best friends.
For example, this morning in scripture studies 

Hma Lazo: So I was readin in the scriptures about Amulek and how he talks with Zeezrom, and he says "son of the devil" whhhewww honey he gave some PALOS! (it means sticks…or hard words..) and can you just imagine if we said that to Felipe yesterday!"
Love her.

But things continue to progress her in Purranque. The other day we had FIVE appointments, and every single one fell through so we decided to go contacting. As we started one end of the street, we huddled together and said a prayer that we could find the families that the Lord had prepared for us in THIS street in specific. And within twenty minutes we had contacted two men--the two had families, knew people in the church, and were very interested. (We left and were convinced that we had found Purranque´s future bishopric.) I couldn’t believe how the Lord had worked with us to lead them precisely to them. 


The very best part of my week thought was yesterday in church. I was sitting next to Fernanda in Principios del Evangelio and she turned to me and said "Oh! I have something for you!!" and pulled out…a wedding invitation. Oh. I saw it and almost cried. This little wedding invitation is the result of so much love, fasting, prayers, lessons and power of the Lord. It´s as official as its getting: Fernanda and Fabian are getting married to live the law of chastity.

The power of the word is so real.
Love you all!!! 

Hermana Monroe





No comments:

Post a Comment