Monday, October 28, 2013

Despedida de Solteras

Dear Family and Friends,

Guess what? Things are going well here!! Ridiculously well. Fernanda and Fabian both had their despedida de Solteras this week (bridal showers/bachelorette parties) with the branch. We had planned Fernanda´s..and we were sitting there and I knew we had to thing of some games ASAP because the sister who was in charge of games forgot...
So I was sitting there praying and BOOM, came to mind the games we played in girls camp, and so we had all of the sisters in two teams make wedding dresses out of toilet paper, model the dress and present it with names and info… and they absolutely loved it...smash Chilean hit. (Thank you heavenly father for revelation haha) 

Alondra is doing so well…she is soaking in the gospel like a sponge. I have been really surprised to tell the truth, to see how she has been so drawn to the gospel so quickly. It was so lovely, how we left a Book of Mormon with her and she told us that when she first read, she didn’t understand anything. And then she read with a prayer, read Alma 36, and then said another prayer. She said that she felt this peace in her heart and that she has been so happy ever since she started meeting with us…that her family wants to know why she is so happy. Every time she talks to us she tells us "I want to serve a mission. The more I know about the gospel, the more I understand why you want to spend your time sharing this happiness." awwwwwwwwwwe. (oh, also, Fernanda told Katy, her daughter, that she is going to serve a mission when she gets older and I died a bit inside of happiness)

The picture that I included is some of the primary kids with the pencils that aunt Suzy sent me because they had their primary sacrament meeting and I bribed them all into reverence with stickers, signs and pencils (thank you aunt Suzy!!) 

Love you! Love the work!

Hermana Monroe 


No comments:

Post a Comment