Monday, September 16, 2013

Yup, Yup


Sept 9, 2013

Dear Fam Bam,

Two fun Chilean facts. One, no bake cookies are officially a MAJOR HIT with the Chileans. They all tell us that they are way too sweet and simultaneously eat an enormous amount. 
The other fun fact...I don’t think I have shaved my legs in three months. Judge me. I dare you.

But this week was officially one of the best weeks as far as REAL progress. We are teaching a really amazing family, Fabian and Fernanda. She is 26, extremely intelligent and her husband-that-she-is-not-married-to-yet Fabian is studying electrical engineering. And they are just...gems. She reminds me a little bit of Marly Davis mixed with Melanie and so obviously I love her. They have been investigating the church since I arrived here in Purranque and they have hit this point where they are progressing SO much. Reading the book of mormon, talking about their baptismal date. and most importantly of all...Just yesterday, they both went to church and ..I am not going to lie, it was a little bit crazy. It´s like...Hermana Mahterian and I are stuck in between restraining the stress giggles and just praying that they weren´t TOO overwhelmed as all the members asked them when they were going to get baptized and they were rushed from class to class. But they actually loved it. Just yesterday, we talked about marriage. I was thinking last night when else in my life am I going to talk to a couple and ask them to get married? But the thing is..it´s not me who is inviting them to get married. It´s the Lord. The lord is begging them to follow his guidelines so they can receive his blessings. I don’t think I will ever forget the look in Fernanda´s eyes when, last night, mine locked with hers and I promised that if they would take the leap of faith the Lord would open the windows of heaven and bless them more abundantly than they can receive. We are at the point where we are visiting them each day and their testimonies are visibly growing. 

Funny story of the week...I am still the branch pianist. I think they are suffering with all the mistakes I make but are just waiting until the members who actually can play the piano get tired enough of listening to my playing to volunteer to play the piano in the sacrament meeting. 

New favorite combination--chamomile and honey tea with a sanenhuess (a delicious chocolate bar here.)

I love you all, love the gospel!! 

Keep me updated!!

Hermana Monroe



No comments:

Post a Comment