Monday, September 16, 2013

Encendios and the stomach flu

Sept 2, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

Well..this week I have read the Liahona from cover to cover, written in my journal, organized our bookshelf, read all of the area book and cloroxed the bathroom, successfully killing like five slugs that live there in the process. Any guesses what happened? Yup..my companion got sick. 
Poor thing, she got bronchitis and then got the stomach flu on top of that, so with the bronchitis we had kept going pretty strong ("it´s not contagious? Perfect! Just take medicine, and let´s go, because we have appointments all night!") but then the stomach flu kicked in and we did NOT leave the house. so yeah. But still, we did work a lot this week and there were some amazing moments.  I would like to share a poem that I wrote the other day, when I hit my six month mark in the mission. 

What could be better than here?
Speaking spanish, my second love.
Healing hearts
Bringing Joy
what could I possibly think could be better than this moment, 
sparkling in eternity, vitally important?
Chasing darkness
cleansing souls, inviting to action
cultivating divinity
No, of course it´s not easy. But that´s because the right thing is
never easy, and great things were never
done without effort.
What if, today--Hoy Día--was the day that we shaped the
eternal destiny of a soul? Of a life? of a family and a chain effect
that is without end?
we might never know
But we have to try
With a smile, onward, ever onward
Rout the tinieblas and invite the light.
Luz.

love you!!

Hermana Monroe


No comments:

Post a Comment