Monday, September 16, 2013

Saludas!

Aug 19, 2013

Well, Saludas from the Land of fried bread and more tea than water....but also the most breathtakingly beautiful green heaven.

This week, I want to invite you all to think...
What would president Monson do??
We went to visit a less active family that had had a huge fight with another family in the ward, and so they haven´t wanted to come back for years. And after a chat with them they just flat out told us that they KNEW what they needed to do but just simply couldn’t do it. So after showing her a Mormon message, and listening, she told us that sometimes she thinks about what President Monson would say. so what did we do? We found a Liahona, cut out president Monson from the cover, and glued him on a popsicle stick with the words "Do you want more peace and happiness? Will you go to church with the sisters?" coming from his mouth. Gladys, the mom, laughed so hard..but do you know what? She CAME, on Sunday, for the first time in years. And so now, sister Mahterian and I ask each other..."I don´t know...what would President Monson do?"

Love Sundays. But they are hectic.

This is a Sunday in the life of Hermana Monroe...

We get up early, shiveringly light up our gas stove, and then I realize that its the part of the day where I have to take a shower (cue Shiver time..)
We get ready for church, read our scriptures, and head out the door forty minutes early to go pick people up for church. We stop by everyone for church and some aren´t there, but this last Sunday my very favorite investigador, Fernanda, and her ADORABLE daughter came, so we were sitting in her home waiting as she did the last minute fix ups and we headed to church, holding little Katalina (her six year old daughter) by the hand as she giggle since she couldn’t move since the wind is so strong.
We get to church, five minutes late, and I run to the keyboard since I have to play and realize that I don’t have the simplified hymn book (SHOOT!) so I improvise a little bit and pray that no one can hear the mistakes. Hashtag too late hashtag why did I never take mom seriously and actually practice the hymns. Hashtag woops. But then, after sacrament meeting Katalina didn’t want to go to Primary so we spent ten minutes convincing her and then the last twenty minutes explaining to Fernanda what the Priesthood is, while sister Mahterian tries to figure our where in the manual we are and three different people are asking me questions at the same time. THEN during primary, we are in charge of singing time and it´s almost chaos, so Sister Mahterian and I are trying to sing in spanish, entertain and control twenty kids, and show them all why singing is cool...or convince them as they blabber in rapid spanish.
And then we have to find Fernanda, explain all the questions she has about mormon vocabulary, and walk her home. But seriously, Sundays are my favorite.

Yikes! I don’t have any more time!! But things are going well, we are still working with just pure husbands to help them help the family. Its hard, but change doesn’t happen over night.

Love you all!

Hermana Monroe







No comments:

Post a Comment