Monday, July 29, 2013

Training Two Gringas!

July 29, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

Purranque continues to be a jam-packed surprise. 
And I continue to love it.

But, to mix things up a bit, I got a call today from lovely president Rappleye (WHY president?? Please....presy...dont call me again..)

and He wants to send ANOTHER sister here. A fresh gringa, the hermana that  was GOING to train two months ago that never arrived? She is going to arrive on Tuesday (oh right. tomorrow) and so I will be training TWO gringas. Heaven help me. What makes things SEMI complicated is that we are living with an hermana until our little tiny house that is behind one of the houses of the members is finished, and I literally have NO idea where the other sister would live (in my suitcase? Maybe?) in either our room right now OR the new little house. so today we went and helped finish painting our little tiny house that is ALMOST ready and now was a wall of each: orange, green and red. and white. and brown (while painting, Dad, I had this inner voice saying "paint in W.  W W W with the roller." what you taught me STUCK!) 

But none the less, it has been an incredible week. We went on Thursday to knock doors in an apartment building and before we entered, we prayed and asked the Lord to help us find the people that we ready in THIS building. We knocked the first door, and..well...she wasn´t too happy to find two gringas in her doorstep. We knocked the second door, and a skeptical looking 30 year old woman let us in with " I guess you can share something? But I don’t have much time" We shared a small message with her and her daughter, and invited her to say the prayer. Still looking a little skeptical, she said the prayer and a sweet, sweet spirit entered the room. She looked up and told us "you know, I was going to baptize mormon when I was a girl.." and I felt prompted to tell her that it wasn´t an accident that we were there, and that we had prayed to find the person who needed us. We left, and still I didn´t think much of it. We went back two days later to finish knocking the building and saw Carmen. She craned her neck up the stairs to ask us how we were, and then out of the blue invited us to once, and before we knew it we were having once with her, her husband, their two daughters, and they had so many questions that we ended up teaching a mix of lessons 1, 2, AND three. Every time Miguel, with his long ponytail, looked pensive and said "Oh! that completely makes sense! Claro!!" 
It was incredible. And a testimony to me that the Lord knows who is ready, even if we don´t.

I love you all!!

Hermana Monroe


No comments:

Post a Comment