Aug 5, 2013
Dear Friends and Family!
So I
had a whole lovely email ready for you but it got erased, so I have to keep
this one short and sweet
This
week I was saved by the watermelon house, the little teeny tiny house that our
papitas built for us that is painted the color of a watermelon and is the size
of the cottage. Because president WANTED to send three sisters but the housing
elder realized we simply just wouldn´t fit. I almost cried I was so relieved,
but then Hermana Paxman actually did cry because she got transferred down south
and I am starting fresh again with Hermana Mahterian. And I LOVE working with her,
she is so enthusiastic and excited to talk to the whole world and it’s an
awesome burst of energy. Hey, and a shout out to Ollie!! You know who you are,
and I am taking good care of Hermana Mahterian and eating all of her sugar for
her.
So,
this week I was riding on the bus, blissfully reading my scriptures when a story
from Mel came to my mind, the one where she sang in the bus in front of
everyone. Yeah, that one. And I thought,
how crazy. but then came a really strong thought that I needed to sing. No
way. I am NOT going to put my companion through that in her SECOND day in the
field. But the thought came again, and again. And I prayed, and the thought
came again. Fine heavenly father, you win. So I explained to my companion and
told her she didn´t have to sing with me, and got up and sang in front of
everyone. And you know what? I didn’t get ONE contact from it. Good thing my
companion and I don´t get embarrassed easily.
But
you know what happened that day? That same day? We found a family, a beautiful,
whole family, taught them the first lesson and the three of them all accepted
baptismal dates. I have never felt the spirit so strongly in my mission. And my
companion asked them their thoughts and their 17 year old son said: "I
feel this peace when you entered the house. Like it is something we need,
something we have been waiting for, something that is true. And I feel like it
is something from great value and I want to know if it is true."
I
feel like it was a direct blessing for being willing to follow the spirit.
And
I have never felt more like we found people you are WAITING for what we have.
I`ll
send you more details next week, just know that i am happy, healthy, loving it
and I’ll write you a better email next week.
Love
you!!
Hermana Monroe
No comments:
Post a Comment