May 18, 2013
Dear Family and Friends,
I am
sitting here in the normal server, munching on an apple that I think is as big
as my face, and thinking about how weird it is that there back home, it is HOT
and it is almost SUMMER.
But
it was sooooo very good to get to talk to you on Sunday! I felt like I said
barely anything, but at the same time talked your ears off and didn´t hear
nearly enough about how you all are doing. I hope you know how much I love you
all!
This
week is the week of Violetta. Violetta is a VERY less active that we found our
very first day here in Osorno, and she is about as sweet as they come. But this
last Sunday, after weeks and weeks of working with her, she and her daughter,
who is investigating the church, assisted!!! And we thought she would only stay
for sacrament meeting, so I was preparing to say goodbye to her and she went
off to Sunday school! And afterwards, she told me very sternly, "you know,
i AM baptized, and I have the RIGHT to attend all the classes at
church."
Be
my guest Violetta, be my guest and attend all the church you want. Of course,
she was saying just the other day that she might not go this Sunday because the
chapel was a bit too cold, so we are still working on the importance of
attending church haha. And during Relief Society, she cleared her throught
(spg..no idea) and asked to make a announcement, and then introduced herself to
the entire relief society and that for "some reasons she had not been
attending, but that I am going to begin again!" Hermana Reese and
Centurion and I had been holding our breaths and half waiting for her to
recount her whole story of why she left the church, but NO! Miracles
exist...miracles exist. And to top that all off, we had a family night with
Violetta and Camilla and sisters in the ward, and it was absolutely lovely. We
watched the video of the restauracion and Violetta was so overcome afterwards
that she couldn´t speak (which, if you know Violetta, this is NOT a common occurrence).
But then, in the end of the Family Night, she asked us to go into the family room
and grab the food she had `prepared...and I have never seen so much food on one
table in…a long time. "Hermanas! Serve yourself!!" Family. There was
sausages, crackers with eggs, crackers with avocado, cuhen (a type of cake),
chocolates, Brownies (a la hma monroe) a type of cake roll...and much much
more. The Chileans have big hearts. And especially Violetta. But when we
returned the next day, Camilla, her 18 year old daughter, told us that we are
answering her doubts and that she loves it when we pass by.
Restauration
for the WIN!
I am
off to make a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch, because I tried to describe it
to Hermana Centurion and she was VERY confused, and so I have promised to make
her one (the other day she had her very first peanut and butter sandwich). I
love you all!
Oh,
and this is a picture of our Mothers Day breakfast for Hermana Centurion, with
our matching pajamas!! (Yes, I am aware they are very ugly ahhahaha)
Besos!
Hermana
Monroe
No comments:
Post a Comment