Saturday, April 13, 2013

Happy Easter!


April 6, 2013

Dear Fam!  (and friends..)

What an awesome week! Firstly, becuase this is the first week without a MAJOR spanish mistake. I mean, obviously. my spanish is all over the map but there was nothing SO extreme as to make it into the letter... YAY! (but maybe sad for you all hahaha)

First of all, Happy Easter! Let me tell you, I had wayy too much fun with the whole easter thing (exhibit A: easter breakfast picture) I was thinking of Dad´s story about his christmas in Korea and so I bought a ton of chocolates for my comps, made a spectacular breakfast of croissant french toast and dug way deep too find my inner crafty person (and let me tell you, that was a bit tricky cause I am not too crafty) and made those little boxes with duck tape (I am learning from the Latinas--they LOOOVE their duck tape) to make easter boxes with cut up plastic bags as confetii inside haha. It was so much fun..and when Hermana Reese and I went to serve the french toast we had nothing to put on them, so i threw together some bitter chocolate, sugar and flour and milk that I found, popped it in the microwave, and out came this amazingly perfect chocolate sauce...Is there a spiritual gift for cooking? In the words of Hermana Reese: you couldn´t have done that if you tried. It´s true. and it was a lovely easter. 

But what is much much more important, we are doing some good work here! Her name is Elma,. and she is really the sweetest, most humble woman. And the blessing is that (well, one, she can miraculously understand my espanol) but also, she attended general conference with us today and she said even though she didn´t understand much, it was really beautiful. I just feel like the spirit is really strong when we teach her, and I think it is because she is so humble and she is someone who is ready to commit, not just only listen. YAY! Because Chileans love love love to talk, you can talk to anyone about our church. The more important part is to find someone who is willing to DO something about it. 
Also, we are teaching Karen and Dennis still, and they are just the most wonderful family. They haven´t attended church yet, and I think that a big part of that is becuase they have a daughter, Daniella, with severe mental handicaps and so It is difficult for them to know how to incorporate that with church. Mom..any advice? About how we can prepare the ward to help recieve them? But Karen is just the sweetest woman in the world. The other day, the first day of rain, I didn´t have my rain coat with me and so she insisted on me taking her purple coat so I would be warm. But the funny part is that I was already wearing my orange skirt so put that together with the bright purple coat and I looked RIDICULOUS. haha!

Oh, but about the rain--oh my heavens yes. it rains. and I am thanking the heavens for every blessed sweater that I told mom I didn´t need when she was putting them in my suitcase! 

Oh how I love you all!! thank you for the letters and support--and a shoutout to Sabrina for being the most faithful and amazing letter writer! Sabrina, send me your address por favor!

Besos!
OH!! And all my dear friends who are pintrest gurus (COUGH sarah sammy and charity--could you send me some pintrest workouts? I have thirty minutes in the morning to workout and would LOVE to have those!)

hermana Monroe







No comments:

Post a Comment