April
20, 2013
Dear
Family and friends
WOW.
it was seriously an amazing amazing week full of miracles. This week was
a testament of the power of the book of mormon. Big time. The book of mormon is
truly the most powerful tool that we have and is a HUGE gift from our heavenly
father.
Remember
Elma? She is one of our most progressing investigators, and we had a really
special lesson with her yesterday about the importance of prayer, because up to
this point she hadn`t wanted to pray with us, since she was too embarrassed.
The two miracles--she has been wanting to know if the book of mormon is true,
and this last time she told us that she had been reading and that she "is
already falling in love with the book of mormon" and THEN to top that off,
after we read the scripture in 2 Nephi about how Satan always tries to prevent
us from praying, she prayed to end the lesson, with a simple, beautiful prayer.
We actually cheered for her afterwards...but oh it was so wonderful, and she is
coming to church tomorrow!!!!!
Other
story about the miracle of the book of mormon. The last lesson with Carolina
that we had I felt impressed to give her a list of the questions of the soul,
and I remember I was trying so hard to explain what they were and not making
ANY sense, and poor hermana centurion since I gave away the original copy of
this sheet of questions (questions of the soul with a list of corresponding
chapters in the book of mormon). anyways, we came back this week and asked her
about her reading...and she had gone through HALF of the questions, reading all
of the corresponding chapters in the BoM and writing down the answers she found
in the pages. WOW. This means she has read, I think, Mosiah 2, Mosiah 4, Alma
34, Alma 36 and a ton more. After she read us all the answers she had received,
she started talking about how she received answers for her own personal
problems that she is having with a neighbor through the book of mormon, and it
was SUCH a testament of the pure power of revelation through the book of
mormon. AHH! I mean, this is something most members are still learning to
do!! We asked her if she had any questions from her reading and she looked down
at all her notes and said: "well, it talked alot about the atonement and
redemption, and I was wondering--what is the difference?" and then she
intently took more notes the whole time we were talking. But she is leaving for
a two week long vacation in the U.S. Bummer. But patience. and really, There is
no greater joy in this world than to bring people to a knowledge of HOW to receive
answers.
Also,
real quick, we had a lesson with a family, Karen and Dennis, and it is amazing
how strong the spirit is when people really sincerely want to learn more about
the Lord.
I
LOVE THIS WORK!
Alright
...the funny things that happened this week:
It`s
official, I am going to learn Arabic someday...we had a lesson/first contact
with an Arabic family who is visiting and there was only one women who could
speak both arabic and spanish. The man had very intent questions about the
church, and asked us to pray and tell him about joseph smith. Don't ask us
twice! Okay! But it was definitely down to the basics becuase we could only say
one sentence at a time and then the women had to translate it to arabic. SOoo
our opening prayer was like five minutes long because of all the translating.
This
week I rescued a cat from a roof...because I am legitimately ridiculously tall
compared with everyone else. And these two kids DROPPED their kitty out the
window and were shouting "NOOO KITTYY" so I came and grabbed the
cat...poor thing, I don`t know that I actually rescued it because that poor
kitty is a little TOO loved (as in dragged around EVERYWHERE by the neck)
We
were knocking doors and a man opened sprinted from the shower to the door to
open the door...in only his towel and dripping wet. He leaned against the door
and said "yes? what do you want?" and hermana centurion said
"umm...we`re missionaries from...i mean, maybe another day?" Sister
missionary problems...
Finally,
cultural rave of the week...MANJAR. we have discovered berlins and manjar. it's
this pastry with really light dough filled with manjar, this creamy carmely
stuff. So in honor of this, last night I wrote an "ode to
pancitos"--the store where we buy Manjar Berlins. Please, in advance,
excuse all the missionary humor in this:
Manjar
and Berlins--oh the temptation
too
much for my state of probation
the
two together--the combination
the
only thing better? Bringing salvation
Love
you all!
Hermana
Monroe
No comments:
Post a Comment