June 8, 2013
Fam and Friends !!
Wow. So much to tell!!
First and most important, Elma and Sofia were confirmed, and I think it was one of my favorite moments of all my mission. After Elma was confirmed, she stood up with tears running down her face and absolutely radiant. She tenderly hugged and kissed each of the men that confirmed her (that’s common here. don’t worry haha) and then returned to her seat and gave each one of us a kiss and said "Thank you. thank you for bringing me this." What we have is....more than we can ever describe. I don’t know that I have ever felt like i have done something that has brought more joy than this.
But for the drumroll.....Yup. I am training now!! In a hysterical and typical mission happenings, the morning of transfers, I was putting on makeup for the first time in a long time to look decent to meet my new companion, when I got a call from the assistants (Note to self...usually assistants don’t call with good news) and my companion never arrived! Apparently she got sick at the last minute in the MTC and so the poor thing is recuperating. So we´ll see what happens with that! And so I didn´t have a companion for a couple of days, and so I was passed around like a sees truffle with a coffee filling at a Mormon party because no one can eat it hehehe.
First and most important, Elma and Sofia were confirmed, and I think it was one of my favorite moments of all my mission. After Elma was confirmed, she stood up with tears running down her face and absolutely radiant. She tenderly hugged and kissed each of the men that confirmed her (that’s common here. don’t worry haha) and then returned to her seat and gave each one of us a kiss and said "Thank you. thank you for bringing me this." What we have is....more than we can ever describe. I don’t know that I have ever felt like i have done something that has brought more joy than this.
But for the drumroll.....Yup. I am training now!! In a hysterical and typical mission happenings, the morning of transfers, I was putting on makeup for the first time in a long time to look decent to meet my new companion, when I got a call from the assistants (Note to self...usually assistants don’t call with good news) and my companion never arrived! Apparently she got sick at the last minute in the MTC and so the poor thing is recuperating. So we´ll see what happens with that! And so I didn´t have a companion for a couple of days, and so I was passed around like a sees truffle with a coffee filling at a Mormon party because no one can eat it hehehe.
But it actually turned into the most incredible experience,
because the sister assistants came and worked with me, since they were here in
Osorno for training during the Wednesday and Thursday, and
wanted something to do in the evenings (oh, for those who didn’t now, there are
sister APs now too). And it was incredible. We went and taught two really
special families that we have here, and the spirit was so incredible strong.
With Karen and Dennis, we taught about the plan of salvation and it was like I
caught the vision, the vision of how by teaching SIMPLY and to people´s needs
they can feel the spirit and realize that we are offering them the best thing
that we have in our life. Because we are! We are trying to give them the fount
of happiness that we feel. In the end of the lesson, we were inviting them to
church, while Dennis was explaining how because he works on Sundays and with
Daniella, their daughter with disabilities, a commitment to go to church is no
small thing. The spirit was incredible strong as Hma Foster testified of the importance
of church, and I felt prompted to share about how I got my name (Aunt Suzy) and
the blessings that came from my parent´s commitment to church, and for the
first time since I met her Karen began to cry. However, in that moment my phone
began to ring, so I slapped it and continued. Karen said "Chica!
Answer your phone! We´re not offended! It could be an emergency!" And I
just laughed, "Karen, I am a missionary. how important could it be (insert
question mark here in your head please! I cant find it on this key board
grr)" and we continued. And when we left, I discovered the person
that had been calling was......president Rappleye. woops. the absolutely only
emergency that could possibly call. How embarrassing.
But he was calling because I have the incredible opportunity to train Hermana Howell, from Delta Utah. She already has six weeks in the mission, so I am finishing her training. She is petite with huge blue eyes and blond hair, so get ready Osorno for the two gringo sisters! Because really, I already know this is the most huge blessing. Hermana Howell is absolutely committed to the work and to be 100 percent obedient, so I know we have the ingredients for the Lord to help us work miracles!
But he was calling because I have the incredible opportunity to train Hermana Howell, from Delta Utah. She already has six weeks in the mission, so I am finishing her training. She is petite with huge blue eyes and blond hair, so get ready Osorno for the two gringo sisters! Because really, I already know this is the most huge blessing. Hermana Howell is absolutely committed to the work and to be 100 percent obedient, so I know we have the ingredients for the Lord to help us work miracles!
I love you all and we are off so I can introduce Hermana Howell
to her first Chilean Pizzas (a mouthwateringly delicious kind of flatbread
miracle that is what all pizza should be)
All my love
Hermana Monroe
No comments:
Post a Comment