Dear Family (and of
course friends)..
Happy Valentines Day
All!! You are seriously the best.
This is the week of
the BEST PACKAGES EVER. A million thanks!! Charity, you'll get this joke, but
"I feel..SO loved.."
Seriously though.
Thank you!!
First, to Mom and Dad.
It was like a trader Joes package of happiness!!!
Sarah and Sammy? I
started crying. I am writing you the HUGEST letter ever today about how your
package was a tender mercy. literally.
and then, the most
amazing, sweetest, kindest packages from the Vanderstels. Those were ALL around
voted the best chocolate-carmel cookies that have ever been consumed. And
Allie? Thank you thank you!! I needed that letter so much (and of course, who
doesn't need to see if they can eat a delicious chocolate cookie for every
floor to the residence. note I called it a residence. not a dorm #obedient)
First, for the funny
and wonderful things that happened this week:
-All the sisters in my
district ADORE our teachers, hermanas Gamacho and Ayala. I think the elders do
too but they can't admit it since they are of course elders. But the other day
Hermana Gamacho was telling us to do something in rapid Puerto Rican Spanish to
do something about switching seats and then she left, so since we didn't know
what to do, we had the idea (and it wasn't mine Mom! cough cough..maybe it was)
to go just "switch seats" and sit in the computer lab across the
hall. She came back and started laughing because the whole classroom was just
empty haha.
here is a quick
rundown on my district:
Hermana Alvarez: going
to OSORNO Chile! (Where all the cool kids go) and she has the habit of saying
the FUNNIEST things when she is grumpy. For example: "I just really hate
English. Actually no I don't. No I do, just Spanish is HARD."
Hermana Moffat: going
to McAllen Texas (also known as Northern Mexico) and from Utah, and everything
she says is pure gold. and she works SO hard. she's basically inspirational.
Hermana McKnight: is
going to Pocatello Idaho, Spanish speaking, went to BYU and is basically my
soul mate. This is because she understands all of my pride and prejudice and
downtown Abbey references. And she will eat coconut bread with me at any time.
And helps me manage the cafeteria (Method: step one, scope EVERY station. look
at the different components that are offered. Step Two: evaluate if there are
elements that can be combined to make something better. Step three; kindly ask
people handing out food to hand you only the needed component. Step four:
combine them and enjoy, usually in salad form. Best things made yet?
Southwestern BBQ chicken salad and a chipotlte burrito bowl. I think I might
have to do a MTC food blog when I get back or something.) In any case, Love
her.
Speaking of Downton
Abbey....Please look at the attached photo!!
I found a building here called the
Matthew Cowley building, which as everyone knows (or should know)
that this is VERY close to a Matthew Crowley building, so obviously I had
to dress up Downton Abbey Themed one of the days this week (I was going for the
Mary look). Because it gets a little bit boring wearing a skirt and shirt every
day so I wanted to shake things up again. Thank heavens for my roommates (they
are all going to Sweden and are the sweetest missionaries ever.) because I
borrowed all of their clothes to do so.
So..I'll tell you
about the other elders later because the clock is counting down again and is
stressing me out again.
This week has been
quite the whirlwind. I am really really learning to be a better teacher. I am
learning that the Lord hasn't called me to teach the gospel of Hermana Monroe,
or the lessons of Hermana Monroe, he has called us to witness Two by two.
Hermana Alvarez and I have been learning to really work together. We have also
been called to teach the whole Zone, district to district, how to organize
their personal time on the needs of the investigators. It has been the most
incredible experience, however, because once we have planned our days and each
minute around the needs of those we teach, the spirit has been POURED into our
teaching and allowed us to be guided by what the Lord wants said. Sister
Alvarez, when we did this, literally had the gift of tongues in one of our
lessons where she understood everything that was going on and said the most
incredible things. Mama Bev, against all odds, I might just be a detail person
when I get off the mission. I sure am trying!!
I am really learning
so much about myself, and the enabling power of the atonement to help to change
and be the kind of person and missionary I need to be. I am SO blessed to be
here, doing the work of helping people come to Christ because really, my
relationship with my savior is coming to mean EVERYTHING in my life. I am so
grateful. And I KNOW this is the work of the Lord.
Love you all!!
Hermana Monroe
P.S...Greg, I mean
Hermano Monroe, won this week again. he came into our class on V day, even
though he didn't have to teach, and brought me a huge box of valentine goodies.
I am so lucky to have him. And I am pretty sure my whole floor would marry him
(when they get back of course) because I always come home at night:
"I have the BEST brother ever!"
No comments:
Post a Comment